Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 29, Pt. 2: THIS SUCKS!

The worst part about moving is always the last little bit. By this time you've boxed all the easy stuff and everything is consists of odds and ends and irregular items that just are a huge fucking annoyance.

That's where we are. Movers arrive in exactly 8 hours and 30 minutes. We're not 100 percent ready, but we're far enough along that we'll be able to fake it. Tomorrow morning we'll be pitching shit in trash bags and calling them ready to go.

Then we drive a ton of miles for the next three days.

So. Last big decision of the day is whether or not to shower before bed. I'm thinking yes.

Next stop: Terre Haute. Fayetteville has been great, we've had a good run. We got married in this state, I went back to school and got my degree, and M found the job that led to this big move.

She's earned this, and I'm excited about what lies ahead for me and getting my career a fresh start.

But that's next week. This week is the move. And it sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment