Monday, April 22, 2013

Terror Fatigue

It is a few hours from being exactly one week after the marathon attacks.

It seems like that happened a month ago.

I'm mentally exhausted. I would love nothing better than to sleep for about 24 hours. There is an element of physical fatigue... sleeping has been weird for a week... but just having to think about what has been going on, coupled with the regular stresses of needing to find a job, figuring out complicated taxes, juggling finances, weird neighbor behavior, sick dogs...

Things just never seem to stop. There's always something. I don't love it.

Which sucks, because otherwise, spring here is beautiful. Since I don't have a historical context I don't know if this is typical. But things are greening out and it's just begun, so we have some niceties ahead. And it's very pretty. The sun is out longer, the days are getting warmer. I would really like to enjoy it more.

Or even at all.

But right now, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. I need to find a way to get that to merely whelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment