Thursday, August 8, 2013

Who I Am


Kendrick gave me the nickname Phoebe many years ago. He has been an inspirational figure ever since I met him.

I have met many admirable people. They may not know this, but they remain alive with me every day and each has contributed to my rich life.

While I frequently do not succeed, I consider every day an opportunity for improvement. I am always surprised when some categorize me as (I'll use diplomatic license to paraphrase) "May Be Too Intense For Younger Viewers." I am not bitter, I am not angry. I am, as Dan says, passionate. I don't like mealy-mouthed attitudes. Go big or go home.

Piker called me a "pessimistic hippie." I love that. That designation is damned accurate. A pessimist is an optimist with experience. A hippie, as John Lennon said, thinks that "love will save us all."

Love will save us all. Distribute it freely. I'm still living the dream we had. For me, it's not over. Neil Young said that.

But, now quoting Ronnie, "Trust, but verify." I want to lead by example and M taught me that honesty was always the best policy. Although Carlin said that made dishonesty the second-best policy.

I am now as honest as a recovering serial liar can be. I have grown substantially as a 21st-Century Schizoid Man. I try and live honestly and forthrightly. I don't mean to step on toes, but I have big feet. I am struggling to have a life of meaning and happiness. I think I will achieve that. 

You can also. Commit to it. Believe in yourself even if it feels like no one else does. You have value; it's just that the clouds may obscure it from you at times.

It shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment