Thursday, July 25, 2013

Dream

I had a dream about my student the other night.

I was sitting with a group of people scattered about in lawn chairs. The old fold-up kind that had the knitted vinyl meshed seat and back. Do they even make those any more?

We were in a grassy undefined area... I didn't see a fence. It was a barbecue. Like a family outing.

There were some kids sitting behind me, and he was one of them. He was older, taller -- a teen. I turned over my right shoulder and was surprised to see him there. I asked him how he was doing. He said he was better, different. That he doesn't "do that" any more. I knew he was talking about the problems.

However the kids he is with strike me as trouble. Later I will see that they are in a strange vehicle... it's like a truck/van combo of some sort, almost like it was hand-made. It's white with a blue vinyl interior, and beaten up. It has four doors and an extended cab area that goes all the way to the rear of the vehicle.

Later I go to my vehicle, which is parked in a huge angle-in parking lot that is empty except for two vehicles. One is what I am driving, my stepfather's old, orange truck. I can't get into the driver's side because the van the kids are in has been parked against it, crumpling the driver door and part of the left fender.

Next I recall seeing them drive behind the lawn chairs, and try to get them to stop. They do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment